View Single Post
Old 03-17-2011, 04:14 PM   #75
motoged OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 865
Day Three (completed):

The ride back to Mulege was straight forward: No stops despite the Excellent Ubication ...

We decided to end the day with supper and Margs at a local Gringo watering hole along the south side of the river, Jungle Jim's:

After such a good day of riding, we deserved a treat and an opportunity to meet some new folks....maybe even brag a bit...so David called his sweetie...after dumping his bike when dismounting (no camera on the ready for that trick )...

We went inside after David's call and ordered a few margaritas....the kid behind the bar poured a healthy complement of tequila and Cointreau, but only squeezed one lime, whereas the proper count is three limes...we tried them but David was first to ask for more lime. It appeared they were low on limes and were trying to conserve, but we weren't having any of that

A couple later, we asked some folks sitting at there dinner what they recommended. After ranting how good everything was, each recommended what they were eating .

We decided on garlic prawns and set to visiting with these folks as they invited us to join them.

Clearly a group of seasoned ex-pats, we learned a bit of each of their stories.

Jack, in his seventies, is from Kaslo, BC (some of the best riding in BC for sure going into and out of Kaslo....never-ending twisties in mountains along rivers and lakes)...he loved hockey and was a great guy....will have to look him up next time in Kaslo. Whenhe invited me, he said "Just ask the RCMP where I live....I play hockey with them!"

Marty ("Remember....it rhymes with 'party' ") was outgoing in a stronger way, but a great character. Both of them have been wintering in Mulege for decades. By 7:30 pm the joint was closing down so we all went outside for a last bit of sharing and socializing before riding back to the river house.

A fantastic end to the day, I thought, as a bunch of Baja karma came together throughout the day...great weather, good company, terrific riding and exploring, and a social event to wrap it all up..: dg

The ride home along the river was a bit challenging as the margs and stuff were creating a slightly altered consciousness...and I was thinking, "David probably thinks I am too gooned to remember where we had to turn off!"

As it was, my mind was totally engaged ... and I grinned to myself when I watched David miss the drive to the house and continue towards town... He was only a few minutes late with his detoured arrival.

A good one!!!!

The next day the plan was to ride south to San Isidro and La Purisima, an area I wanted to explore as I had never been there in any previous Baja rides...

Baja '05 , Baja 06/07 , Baja 08/09 , BC Alpine Single Track

motoged is offline   Reply With Quote