View Single Post
Old 03-18-2011, 05:59 PM   #587
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Oddometer: 11,682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babo View Post

I'd much rather have remote sensor encased in thin metal than a sensor buried under plastics that is subject to the bikes radiant heat. A trade-off I'm sure, and perhaps inconsequential.
If the remote sensor is anywhere on the bike, it is subject to the heat from the bike. The several and various tests I performed proved that. A consequence of those tests was that I proved it to myself, because I was believing the same thing.

If you want the sensor to not be affected by the heat from the bike, the sensor must be mounted 5 feet to the side of the bike. I'm not joking, that's actually how it is. I performed those tests too.

Quote:

FWIW, I've tested the responsiveness of a remote sensor (boosterplug) with a GS911 and found that temp changes are almost instantaneous - certainly as quick as the AIT anyway.
Yes there is no substantive difference between the slightly slower response time of a metal enclosed sensing element, vs. a plastic enclosed element, vs. an exposed element.

Quote:

Regardless, there are other reasons why some vendors use a sensor in addition to the stock AIT, and there are successful vendors that don't...does the IICE Air use one?
The IICE Air uses separate sensors and also uses the stock Intake Air Temperature sensor. Multiple sensors makes it adjustable.

Something to note Babo, if you decide to get the second IICE Cool product. If the IICE Cool is used in conjunction with other non-adjustable products, the motor runs too rich.

Pre-Order Sale - 7 Days Remaining
IICE Air Vendors Thread:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=667661

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation

Poolside screwed with this post 03-18-2011 at 06:47 PM