View Single Post
Old 03-21-2011, 10:05 PM   #36
Alton
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 292
I grew up on a CB750. I remember sloppy used helmets and pillows strapped to the gas tank to sleep on when I got tired. My parents took my brother and I on day trips all over the place. When my first sister came along, Dad upgraded to a CB900 and we got a side car. Of course, I also remember Dad picking up all three of us kids from little league on Mom's Magna too. Pretty sure he came from the bar.

I wouldn't give up those memories for ANYTHING. But times have changed. Looking back I wonder how we survived. My kids get rides around the neighborhood at <20 right now. They have to have solid tennis shoes, pants, jackets, and their bicycle helmets. When they can reach the pegs and show interest, I'll get them full gear and take them on short rides. I know my daughter is looking forward to getting rides to school.

As for the neighborhood kids, thats a no-go. I'll let them sit on the bike with parental permission (parents have to be standing there), but no more. Actually, there are enough Harley and other cruiser riders in the neighborhood that most of the kids aren't interested in the Tiger anyway, which is OK by me.
Alton is offline   Reply With Quote