Here's a quick Tag-O-Rama that will probably last just one year. There are 55 counties in West Virginia, and each has a court house (as far as I know). Some are quite impressive, grand stone and granite structures in the middle of quaint farm towns.
1) No file photos - before, during, or after. Period. The idea is to get out and ride. See the state. (Photos taken the same day on your way to the standing tag location are OK)
2) If you tag a courthouse and post it, be ready to post the new one within 24-48 hours. If you don't think you will have time to move the tag, please sit this one out. There will be more.
3) If a new tag is not posted within 48 hours (with the exception of thunderstorms/really bad weather delay), the first Bruce gets to take over.
4) Safety first!! Don't risk your safety for the sake of a good photo. Do the best you can from a safe location.
5) It's all about riding and having some fun while we explore the state. Let's not get all bent out of shape about little things. We're all adults.
6) For the money shot, please try to get the entire structure in the photo (or as much as possible) and give a clue or two about the county it is in. Also, please identify the previous tag location/county. If the old original courthouse has been replaced with a new one, try to get photos of both structures and note it on your post.
7) Stay tuned in case I forgot something. Thanks!
Let's get started!
EDIT: TAGGED COUNTIES AS OF 14 AUGUST 2014
CURRENT TAG: PAGE 17 - POST #255
iBiker had a great idea about making a map with tagged counties colored in.
(HINT: Click "Refresh" on your screen to make sure you are seeing the most current version)
Thanks for the idea, iBiker!
To make it fair for everyone, I picked the courthouse in the county that contains the geographical center of the state (less than 5 miles away).