View Single Post
Old 03-23-2011, 10:34 AM   #755
nobrakes
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by eatpasta View Post
that IS really weird....I have come to realize that its an insanely popular bike and that builds confidence in my decision for sure.
it is much different from the 650R. I was surprised to notice how much higher it is! I love that.

sadly, pretty much the first time I Get it into the dirt will be time to be racing.... so im going to have to learn fast.

I dont mess around....

its still leaking a bit of oil and I need to figure out from where.
Do yourself a big favor and make sure the sag is set correctly before the race. If you can't get the sag in the specified range, you'll need a different rate spring. Any good dealer or race shop will help you out. The bike will track and turn so much better when the sag is properly set up.

I would also get the manual and set the suspension clickers back to their stock defaults, it's hard to tell what the previous owner may have had them set to. The defaults are a good starting point and you shouldn't vary too far. If you find you need to vary more than say, +/- 6, chance are you need to address the issue in valving as it's too much for the clickers to adjust out, which are designed for fine tuning.

Good luck!

'12 KTM 350 EXC-F
nobrakes is offline   Reply With Quote