View Single Post
Old 03-24-2011, 06:11 PM   #3
jackpiner57 OP
Moto-Racks.com

Oddometer: 1,664
Quote:
Originally Posted by subybaja View Post
Given your low price, I'm not sure any criticism is warranted, but maybe this will be constructive:

-How come no powdercoat? ($$$?)

-The chamfered corners look...uh, homemade? Not bad, just not as slick as bent.

-Thought about the KLR?

Good job on bringing new parts to market! I hope you make a buncha $$$$.
subybaja, thanks for your feedback and good wishes regarding the DRZ400s rack! OK, some answers to your questions.

1. I considered powdercoating in the beginning, but there isn't anyone within 50 miles of me and the cost was outrageous. Shipping to and from them is cost prohibitive. The Satin Black paint that I use can be touched up unlike powdercoat. It is also a durable rust inhibiting paint approved by the USDA for their Forest Service gates that I made last year.

2. I appreciate your comments on the homemade looking corners. You have inspired me to get off my ass and invest in a tubing bender. I hope you like the new rounded corner look!

3. I do plan to make these for the KLR650 as soon as I can find someone to bring me theirs for me to use as a fit guide. I also will be offering these racks for the DR650 in the near future.

Any other input would be appreciated!

Newest edition of The Podunk Rack by KIW: EDIT 11/29/11 - This picture is the old square tube rack design. See first post for current round tube design.

"I sort of realize there's a fundamental truth to our nature. Man must explore." -CMDR. David R. Scott

jackpiner57 screwed with this post 08-17-2012 at 08:37 AM
jackpiner57 is offline   Reply With Quote