View Single Post
Old 03-24-2011, 06:35 PM   #15
jesusgatos OP
fishing with dynamite

Oddometer: 2,305
Hi Erling-

Thanks for posting. I've read all your composite threads and found them to be very helpful.

Understand exactly what you're saying about the materials I was using. What would you suggest using for making plugs and molds for parts like these?

I was laying-up the fiberglass before the resin got tacky at first because I was afraid about working time - thought it might start to dry/harden before I was finished. Have had that problem with bondo and found it to be very frustrating. But quickly realized that this isn't much of a problem with the materials I'm using, and things started going a lot better once I figured that out. Think the biggest mistake I've made so far though has been not cutting all my materials ahead of time. Was wasting a lot of time and making an awful mess cutting materials on-the-fly.

Have a bunch of that insulating foam here (but it's the white EPS stuff) in different thicknesses, but seemed like it would have been a major pain in the arse to try and cut those pieces to fit the handlebars and handguards. Am sure that will be really useful for other projects though.
jesusgatos is offline   Reply With Quote