View Single Post
Old 03-25-2011, 01:38 PM   #52
Spud Rider OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,738
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbed06 View Post
Nice writeup, Maybe just die electric grease the fuses excessively and cover it with a balloon, or a bag cinched down with a zip tie. The XR600 sideplate really looks so much better than that L sideplate, and a 9lb savings is great...
Thank you, Bobbed. Shedding 9 pounds from the bike feels great! It seems to me that removing 10+ pounds from the bike's left hip even makes the pig easier to lift from the kick stand. In tight quarters the slimmer pig is definitely easier to push around. I agree; the XR650L looks much leaner, and much better without the battery "goiter" hanging off its left side.

I think you are correct; some grease and a balloon would work just fine to weatherize the fuse box. However, I believe Cumbacheech researched the best solution!

Spud
2005 XR650L: Shorai Battery Relocation, Spud Oil Cooler, XR650R C/S Sprocket, Reinforced Subframe, Chain Slipper Roller, Performance Design Lowering Link, Baja Designs Headlight, FMF Hi-Flo Header, ManRacks SD Rack, ManRacks Front Fender Farkle, CST Surge I Front Tire, D952 Rear Tire, Tusk D-Flex Handguards, Uni Air Filter, No-Toil Evolution air filter oil

Spud Rider screwed with this post 03-25-2011 at 08:31 PM
Spud Rider is offline   Reply With Quote