View Single Post
Old 03-29-2011, 05:56 PM   #11
nachtflug
infidel

Oddometer: 44,724
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvangel View Post
The story of a man and machine and his love for dirt bikes....

I raced in District 34 in the 70's...

As my kids got a little older and had a bit of money I bought a BMW and although I loved it my heart was in the dirt...
... MX which had changed quite a bit since the 70's....There were jumps! big ones!
where do I start. I stopped riding in 82 (unplanned) marriage (unplanned) navy (unplanned) kid (unplanned) and after discharge from the navy in 89 (unplanned) (honorable!) the years started to roll by. I never stopped thinking about dirt bikes. never. the GS was a tease. great bike but road riding is masturbation with a helmet on I don't care how many miles you do at the end of the day you still didn't really do it.

and the years rolled by. I can still do it. I can still do it. I know I can do it....

2009 gee open practice on the WR in the mud.

things you took for granted when younger suddenly became very intense. I tire kicked at Moroneys for years. Still do. I watched the 4 strokes hit the floors and the 2 strokes (mostly) vanish.

Honda dropped the CR 125.

there ought to be a law.

I used to reason, if I went into Moroneys and they said "we're sick of seeing you, take any bike and get out and don't come back"

where would I ride it? all our old haunts were gone. hay fields now housing developments.

our private mowed practice facility the aqueduct. sure go ahead just be ready to out run a helo or a sheriff on a quad after about 15 minutes.

who would I ride with? they all hung it up 30 years ago!!!

what if I go to a race alone and get hurt?

what if I go to a race with someone and get hurt?

I figure with a little practice (or lot) I can still ride fast enough to get hurt really bad. but I'm still going back out one way or another. The 2008 WR Yamaha should have been a YZ 125. Mistake bike that was. Should have just done it. Give it hell pvangel, I just dumped $1500 sunday on a new lens.

nachtflug screwed with this post 03-29-2011 at 06:01 PM
nachtflug is online now   Reply With Quote