View Single Post
Old 03-30-2011, 02:10 AM   #237
mkletecka
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 286
Ah, all the speculation and anticipation regarding the “new “GS/GSA is kind of fun. Will it have a 1250 or 1300 water cooled engine? Will it be more expensive? Who really knows for sure!?

In a recent Fast Bikes comparo of the 2011 GSA, compared to the approximate $20K 1200 Ducati Multistrada and very expensive YAM Tenere, the least expensive GSA came out on top, they even said that if it was an 09 version, the results would still be same (Yea, I know the test/compare did not cover off road use, or have a VStrom, KTM, or Triumph Tiger in the mix, but none the less it shows that BMW’s 5 to 6 year old design which has evolved over 30 years, bested the latest and greatest from Duc. and Yam - for those that disagree, read the full report then take it up with Fast Bikes).

IMHO, the price will probably go up like most other things, but I’m confident that the “new” GS/GSA will be “better”, just as the 2010/11 is better than my 09, because of BMW’s history of making positive/useful changes and improvements. As for those, who may not like it, I’m also confident that they will be able to find plenty of used 2011’s - 10’s – 09’s – 08’s etc. in the used marketplace.

Anyway, it will be interesting to see what the “new” GS/GSA will be like and I look forward to its arrival.

Mike K.
Dana Point, CA.

mkletecka screwed with this post 03-30-2011 at 02:21 AM
mkletecka is offline   Reply With Quote