View Single Post
Old 04-02-2011, 01:53 PM   #15
Trophy Mike OP
w/extreme prejudice

Oddometer: 794
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubbman View Post
Hello Mike,

I've exchanged a few emails with you this past week about purchasing a size 56 Black Aramas (You should be getting a call from my Wife soon...anniversary present!).

Anyway, I'm wondering if the Aramas is going to be too hot for N California Summers? The temps here in the summer range between 60-80 degrees, and I was hoping that by removing the inner layer and opening the vents I would stay cool. Is this going to work, or is this too much jacket? Mind you I also need a jacket that can handle Spring and Fall, which can range between rain and 35 degrees, and a sunny 70.

Also, I appear to be on the cusp of two jacket sizes. My chest measurement is 43", just under the armpits and across the broadest part of my chest. Is it better to go with the slightly larger 56 or go with the 54, which I would assume is going to fit rather snug if these jackets fit true to size?

Thanks!

Mike
Hey Hubbman, the Armas with thermal lining out should be fine at 80 degrees. Besides upper chest venting it has TFL Cool Black on the outside and Outlast PCM inside to take off some of the heat edge. Note, even with all this temperature control the Armas is not a summer garment. No solid textile jacket is no matter how inflated the sales pitch. Rukka runs true to size (add 10 pts to your US size). You could wear the 54 but if you have a bit of a midsection or prefer a fuller fit go to the next size. Check what consistent US size you are in other outerwear. As usual bulky clothing underneath is not necessary or recommended. Kudos to the good wife for making this a gift rather than more gear to hide from her.
trophycycleapparel.com - America's #1 Non-REV'IT! Dealer - Rukka Gear Discussion/FAQ
Trophy Mike is offline   Reply With Quote