View Single Post
Old 04-03-2011, 07:22 AM   #102
EvilClown OP
Reality show stunt double

Oddometer: 16,052
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpST8 View Post
Nice!!!! very interested in your trip, looking to do something similar someday. My good friend winters down there, but he's not a rider.
Don't wait.

As far as the trip goes...in the words of George Wyle and Sherwood Shwartz, "Sit right back and you'll hear a tale..."

Día uno:

The day couldn't come fast enough. Ten days before leaving I started a count down and wondered if these next 10 days would take longer than the 10 days of riding we had originally planned. We all know how fast time flies when we're on vacation.

The day started early as we had to be at the airport by 4:30 am. Plus, we were leaving from Logan. That meant getting up way before even I usually do. Like either of us could sleep.

Since Dave (whizzerwheel) was coming down from the north country, our plan was to meet at the Airport Diner in Manch-Vegas then make the run the rest of the way to Boston.

It's amazing how many people are in the diner at 2am but then again, it's post 'Saturday night'.

Decided to try something I have never tried before...

Warning: if food shots in RRs trouble you, brace yourself.

Mr. and Mrs. Whizzerwheel...

Finally done breakfast, we finish loading up.

In traditional travel slide show fashion, here's Dave's packing the car.

He wasn't in a hurry or anything.

After an uneventful ride into the big city we get booted out at the curb.

After our final 'good-byes' it really begins...some of us are pleased as punch. The ticket counter girl apparently not so much.

All checked in we patiently wait, whiling away the time reviewing the map...

Our seat numbers are finally called to board.

We're on our way to Costa Rica, Baby!

The future is no place to place your better days. ~ DMB

ECUADOR: Maintaining Rigid Flexibility
EvilClown is offline   Reply With Quote