View Single Post
Old 04-03-2011, 12:44 PM   #209
Boondox
Travels With Barley

Oddometer: 2,940
Looks just like mine -- you have excellent taste!

I took mine out for a 100 mile spin today. Temp was 35F when I started and 44F when I got home.

Impressions: 1) Fit and finish outstanding 2) Optics phenomenal 3) Comfort - the C3 fit my noggin like it was custom made for me. I've never had such a good fit before, even with my C2. It's snug, but snug all around with no pressure points. I really lucked out! 4) Noise - It's definitely quieter than any other modular I've worn. Up to 60mph I'm fine without earplugs, but on the Interstate there's enough noise that the plugs were needed. Noise is a tough one to deal with, as there are so many variables that can increase or decrease the sound levels. Still, on the back roads that I prefer, it was very quiet and I could actually hear the engine beneath me. 5) Hi-viz - Folks all around me were putting on their sunglasses! It definitely gets noticed. 6) Ventilation is much better than my old Nolan N103. I was wearing an LD Comfort helmet liner and even thru the fabric could feel the air passing over my scalp.

I'm really impressed!
I got a sidecar to travel with my dog. He never complains, is delighted to be with me, approves of my dietary choices, is a social butterfly who helps me meet folks, appreciates a good beer, snuggles better than my wife, and hangs on my every word as if it's the most profound thing he's ever heard. TravelsWithBarley.com
Boondox is offline   Reply With Quote