View Single Post
Old 04-05-2011, 08:44 PM   #80
benno.h
cageracer

Oddometer: 437
Well I have my cooler installed and running on my XR600. It's a beautifully made little thing. Apologies Mark for bolting it to such a ratty looking XR!

It seems to stand a bit further out than it would on an XRL.

EDIT: F*** YOU PHOTOBUCKET! My pic is right side up on the iphone, and uploads upside down. Then the photobucket online editor puts them right side up, but if I link to them from outside they're upside down again!

When I have some time I will cut the spacers down a fraction to try and bring it inboard a little, but there isn't much clearance on the other side of the actualy oil cooler body.

It works pretty well - I am getting temps about 50-60F less than I was before after long highway slogs and such, although ambient temps have dropped a few degrees recently and I am now running a different carb.

I intend to keep the small section of hard oil pipe that I cut out in my spares pack on the bike incase something goes wrong - I should be able to plug the two oil hoses back together in the event of a leak.
I'll step out on a limb here and state that bikes without kick starters are just plain gay, for pansies, ladyboys, and suchlike. Furthermore, they should have to ride at the back, not speak until spoken too, and set everyone else's tents up, then cook and wash up afterwards, before sitting up all night guarding the real men's bikes.

benno.h screwed with this post 04-05-2011 at 08:54 PM
benno.h is offline   Reply With Quote