View Single Post
Old 04-07-2011, 04:47 PM   #170
Motorfiets OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,000
Latest Installment...

As many of you know, no one makes crashbars that will fit fit the Touratech Tank (TT.) After doing much research as to what bars are avalible, I asked the dumbest question. "What crashbars offer the least protection?" Givi popped up in my search along with other companies but they all offered high "hoops" that covered the fairing. With the TT tank sticking well beyond the dimensions of where the fairing used to sit these hoop designs would simply A) work but require alot of fabrication or B) simply require too much fabricating that a custom self bent tubing would be easier. After get much laughter asking around for the least protecting bars I bought the Givi bars. When they came in I was truely excited being that they almost fit perfectly with out any modification! Don't get too excited on me now.... they do require some! which I will gladly do for anyone if they do not feel comfortable enough doing alone..... NOW enough BS and lets get to the pictures!!!

First is how the look on a normal none TT-ed F800GS

Now take note of the cross brace connecting the two "halves" so to speak. the bolt, spacer and welded bolt tabs are on the bottom....

again

enough of other peoples bikes!!!

urgh! slow internet.....