View Single Post
Old 04-09-2011, 09:52 AM   #28
Brtp4 OP
Do what you love.

Oddometer: 1,965
Quote:
Originally Posted by grogger123 View Post
I am still using my Alpinestar Roger De Coster boots. As you had the Hi Points which are very similar, how does the quality of materials and construction compared to these old Alpinestars? I bought mine new in 1984 and they are still going strong. When I bought them I used them as road boots for a long time, so they havent really had a hard time offroad, as I have only been dual sporting for about the last 2 years or so. I really like my Alpinestars and whilst expensive to buy in 1984 have proved to be an excellent value boot, given the life of them. I am contemplating retiring them, but want to buy something of similar quality and life. Quality of materials and construction with a long service life are important to me.

Would the Gaerne Balances be that boot? Or would you recommend something else? I have tried Sidis and my foot is too wide to comfortably fit them.
The Pro Techs are almost that same boot, except that they are lower, and do not have some of the reinforcements in between the layers of leather. But it is the closest thing going IMO. Most of the newer boots use thinner leather, split grain, and use plastic to compensate.

BTW, got a bad vintage jones too.....I have a search saved permanently on EBay trying to find a pair of the old Tech 4s.

BP

Atomic Moto.com
Bend, OR
Brtp4 is offline   Reply With Quote