Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oso Blanco View Post
Looking good!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukasM View Post
Nice work on those Caribou latches! I contacted Roger a while ago since I was also considering the Pelican cases on a Holan balanced rack, but he said he doesn't make them to fit 18mm round tubing. Looks like you figured it out, now he just has to copy and perfect it for mass production.
problem is you gotta weld the tabs onto the frame... not a big deal but little bit of work involved...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTown View Post
Awesome!

Nice work, thanks for documenting it so well.

Now I have to figure out what I'm going to do... would be great if I could salvage my SW bars and do a similar mod.

Cheers

You bet SW-motech's have the top loop i was talked about... but did at one point consider getting something like them and running a cross brace thru the frame and bolt both sides much like the adv-spec stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebrabaek View Post
Nice........ FYI....... Contour now has the app for the blue tooth hookup to use your smart phone as a controller, and display....In case you have not seen that....
Is that scrape marks on the side of the tank.........How deep are they???? Looks nasty....or just superficial........ If you don`t like the wind noise on the contour..... I hacked mine.....and installed a wired mike that I clip inside the helmet, and are now able to hear other things...... Like @$#%&...and Ohhhh....no.....

Erling
saw that! looks really cool! problem is I dunno if its worth the money for me at lease!

not too deep at all really.... the tank is durable as all get out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG_WTF View Post
I was wondering if you could give some details on your wheels from Woodys.
Did you go with the 50/50 (street/dirt) version?
Are they the oem size?
Did you get them sealed or "nuetech tubliss"?
Thx.
just had the front wheel superlaced with an excel rim smaller size... more narrow... none tubeless and still 21"