View Single Post
Old 04-10-2011, 03:10 PM   #38
One Less Harley OP
OH.THAT'S GONNA HURT

Oddometer: 4,611
I may be ridding w/ someone else for about 10 days on the TAT. The rest of the time will probably be solo, of course I might run into others and ride together for a while. Since I'm paranoid about potential problems, be that from bike breaking down or me (potential debilitating crash). I can try my best to eliminate those problems, but things do happen. Hence all the prep work to the bike and I recently found a Spot Personal tracker on Clearance at Camping World, for the ridiculously low price of $34!!!! It was the last one!!! It's a little larger than the Spot 2 and doesn't have some other features that I don't care about anyway.

....and for cold high elevation passes heated grips from Happy Trails. Thinner gloves can be used w/ heated grips, dexterity suffers w/ insulated ones. Plus one less pair of gloves.

...and to neaten up the battery connections a fuse block from Eastern Beaver. Chose this over the Centech mainly because of a cover for the fuses the Centech is open.

The hard part on the fuse block will be finding a location for it. There's not much room on a DRZ. I've got three extra pairs of wire on the battery right now, and it already looks like a bird's nest.

Fuse block for- 5 accessories-GPS, Heated Grips, Jacket liner, Eddie's Free Power Mod, extra plug (trickle charger/ cell phone/inverter/air compressor).

So stay tuned for wiring fun!!!
2003 Suzuki DRZ 400S (TAT Prep)
One More DRZ does the TAT (Ride Report)

One Less Harley screwed with this post 04-17-2011 at 07:48 PM
One Less Harley is offline   Reply With Quote