View Single Post
Old 04-14-2011, 02:39 PM   #80
toowheels OP
on a mission...

Oddometer: 952
Just posted in Parallel Universe:

" Moto Overland Goodies

The mailman dropped off my package from Canada today! Inside was MOD's Top Rack and their side stand foot.

I want to thank Dave for the help he's provided me over the last week or so. He answered all my questions and gave me several solutions for the top boxes/bags that I was looking to run.

I was completely impressed with the fit and finish of both pieces of MOD equipment...looking forward to trying it out.

So here's what was sitting on my front porch...

And inside was the top rack, side stand foot and the spacers for the Wolfman Expedition Panniers/racks (which I will eventually be running).

Installation of the rack couldn't have been simpler, I think it took less than 5 minutes and that included a quick run back in the house for a cold one.

Here's a shot with my old Joe Rocket tailbag (currently the only tail bag I own) off my R1150R.

Couple shots of the spacers

One more look at the bike

The side stand foot didn't get installed tonight, I'm giving it a little "black treatment" before putting it on the bike. Since almost everything else on the bike is black I figured I'd put my own touches on the foot. I taped it off, cleaned the surface and then hit it with some primer and 3 coats of black semi gloss paint. It's curing tonight so I'll get some addition pictures of it tomorrow once it gets installed.

Here it is taped up and ready to paint

Thanks again Dave for all your help! Now I need to get my Wolfman Rolies ordered as well as one of Caribous 34L top boxes. That should give me two solid top box/bag solutions for running solo/two-up."

" Took a few shots for the side stand foot a couple nights ago and just got a chance to upload them tonight.

Painted and ready to install...

I got a chance to try out the side stand foot this evening in some soft ground and it worked well."

Link: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=675870

Thanks Westy99!!

Dave