View Single Post
Old 04-16-2011, 10:37 PM   #13
snooker OP
AttitudeIsEverything

Oddometer: 1,521
12. Mod: Gear Shift Lever

[ UPDATE: THIS SHOULD BE YOUR FIRST MOD! AS THE RISK OF DAMAGE IS VERY HIGH SHOULD YOUR STOCK LEVER TAKE A DIRECT HIT! SEE MY WEBPAGE LINK FOR MORE. I Prefer the Touratech lever. You can also get a Yamaha or Honda one, I don't have the details exactly. ]

You MUST replace the stock alloy left as it is too stiff and will snap off the shifter shaft out of the transmission upon a big hit. Replace it with a softer bendable steel shifter lever. Shown here is an old F650 Funduro lever that is mounted, and a TT lever held up to it as a spare.

13. Mod: Add Tool Tube

This is the Tool Tube mounted in place of the charcoal canister. Has held up well on off road use. I use it for a fuel bottle:

14. Mod: Front forks reworked by TrailTricks

15. Mod: Hi-tech LiFePO4 battery

16. Auxiliary LED lights

PROBLEM 1: My broken swingarm

The page linked to above was originally written simply to show BMW North America of what happened. From it is links to my ADVRider postings.

This occurred on the 2010
LA Barstow 2 Vegas AMA ride. I blame the OEM shock for bottoming and stressing the shock - though I was careful to not let it bottom much in the 3 months I rode it before I replaced it with a Wilbers shock.

FindMeSpot ~~~ Spotwalla Baja Trip ~~~ Neduro Did Dakar!

snooker screwed with this post 11-09-2014 at 01:46 AM
snooker is offline   Reply With Quote