View Single Post
Old 04-20-2011, 05:33 PM   #2
TemeculaRider
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 565
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdventurePoser View Post
A far cry from my last visit to town about 13 years ago, when it was noisy, lively, and brimming with tourists. I asked our waiter. He shrugged his shoulders, and said, “What can we do, Amigo, but survive? Tourists are afraid to come here because of news reports of violence.” He hoped that one day things would be better, but that much depended on educating American tourists that Baja is a safe tourist destination.
It's a crying shame that so much disinformation from irresponsible news sources has so greatly impacted the lives of entire generations of people there, especially when Baja has so much to offer Americans. As he said "What can you do?" Like you, we face the barrage of well-meaning (but ignorant) family and friends who are puzzled by our choice of destinations. When we tell them how wrong they are about Baja, we get the blank stare and something like "Well you guys go, but please don't take the kids." Pictures do little to dispel their conviction that Baja is more dangerous than Afghanistan.

Looking forward to seeing that jaw-dropping GS get dirty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateJohn
you are safer in 99% of Northern Mexico than you are in 99% of Jacksonville, FL.
TemeculaRider is offline   Reply With Quote