View Single Post
Old 04-21-2011, 05:35 PM   #73
One Less Harley OP
OH.THAT'S GONNA HURT

Oddometer: 4,658
Since my thread got moved to trip planning i don't feel bad about posting the prep work anymore. I hope to get it moved back to ride reports when the trip starts. That way it will all be grouped together.

Today the left grip was wired, ended up using a dremel tool to drill two holes in the headlight switch housing that way the wire won't be hanging down and will be less likely to snag on something. Added a little silicone at the holes too.

Here's the top clamp, the black push button switch is for the low beam shut off. The red is where the heated grip switch will be. I can only find a four way switch and the way it works won't let me wire for high low and off. May have to use a three way micro toggle. Really wanted a three way push button switch!!! The LED's are the high (red) and low (yellow) indicators.

The extra long allen bolts on the right are for the roll chart/ Spot bracket which is getting a coat of powder coat.

Can't finish installation as the Easter beaver fuse box hasn't arrived yet, along with another switch, stainless brake line plus the one swing arm bearing. Can't do the right grip till the rear wheel goes back on as the back of the bike is being help up by the trail stand and the front brake is pulled back so the bike won't fall over.
2003 Suzuki DRZ 400S (TAT Prep)
One More DRZ does the TAT (Ride Report)

One Less Harley screwed with this post 04-21-2011 at 08:49 PM
One Less Harley is offline   Reply With Quote