View Single Post
Old 04-23-2011, 08:26 PM   #92
bwalsh
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheedle View Post
I hate people I dont know fucking with my helmet...

If Im away from the bike it gets locked to the top case by the d-ring. The bike could get knocked over and the helmet wont hit the ground.
Unfortunately I don't have a top case to put it in, and I was only going to be stopped there a few minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markk53 View Post
Apparently you aren't familiar with at least trying to get a new rider to try to minimize injury?

If you didn't bother reading, I said if the shop is selling genuine H-D brand helmets they are made by HJC and KBC. Those are worn by professional racers of all types world wide if you don't also realize that. Second, if you can't get a new rider to wear a full face, wouldn't you at least try to get them to wear an open face or a half shell at the least?

That's what I'm talkin' 'bout.

I'm all about minimizing injury. Every HD shop I've been in also sell the crap helmets which a lot of people flock to for the savings and the cool factor. Those helmets are worthless. They aren't even a good conversation piece. I've seen better, sturdier whitewater helmets for kayakers.
Virginia has helmet laws. They have to wear something so that's a moot point.

As for your helmet, obviously the guy was full of the usual biker lifestyle bullshit. I hope you did get something out of the whole thing, but I have a feeling not. My condolences for your RF1000 and the bike. I'd be pissed too. That's why I seldom set my helmet anywhere that it might fall in a restaurant or on my bike - Murphy's Law and all y'know.
Yes he was full of it.
I did get something out of it. Long story short, after he insisted on me calling the cops because he thought I was trying to rip him off when I told him how much the helmet cost, he agreed to pay me if I made up a bill for damages and to send my helmet back to Shoei to get checked out. The helmet checked out OK! I tallied up a bill for around $260 for damages to the bike and helmet. He offered $100. I took HER to court and was awarded $360. It helped that the police report mentioned the smell of alcohol on her breath and slurred speech. He/her(IDK whatever) had their insurance company get involved and they sent me a check for $440!
It did take four months though...

bwalsh screwed with this post 04-23-2011 at 08:34 PM
bwalsh is online now   Reply With Quote