View Single Post
Old 04-25-2011, 11:45 PM   #42
jobr
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Well, oil-cooler is a tricky thing.

On the BMW/Husky bike they have done some welding on the engineblock to be able to get the oil out of the engine to the oil-cooler.
This is is NOT recomended from the engine manufacturer, due to material integrity problems after welding in the aluminum engineblock. So if you do not get your engines for FREE, This is probably NOT the way to go!!

There are some one off solutions used by Dakar riders, but they are pretty secretive about there solutions to the oil-cooler problem (i have asked a few of them, with no luck). So for now this is a "make our own" part.

I am talking to a friend of mine that will have a look if there is a way to produce a interface to the oilfilter cover, that will allow the use of the original oilfilter. But this will take some time.(I will post updates)

The long swing arm is probably the same "one of build" so probably nothing we regular people ever will get our hands on....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Man View Post
The design and build on the carbon fiber crash plate with the water tank is fantastic. I just received mine after getting all the other Speedbrain G450RR parts.

Would you happen to know the manufacturer of the oil cooler used on these bikes? I've seen the pictures elsewhere on the forum but no sources. I'm trying to locate a source for the oil cooler as well as the extended swing arm. Other than those two parts, I believe I have everything else I need.
jobr is offline   Reply With Quote