View Single Post
Old 04-26-2011, 02:24 PM   #244
TallRob
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,395
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoochZilla View Post
Hey ADW,

I am supposed to have a call with the Schube's this week. I will ping them.

From my understanding, the range difference was a purposeful sacrifice. They built the SRC into the neck roll to eliminate the possibility of adding any additional noise and decrease in aerodynamics by bolting on any external elements.

At the apex price point most folks hold the quiet and streamline at the top of their list for reasons to pick up such an investment over a more everyday modular. I am not excited about the decrease in range, but I can understand the logic. Some have been affected by it and some have not, I can see in an offroad situation how it could be a line of sight issue.

BoochZilla
I wonder if someone could devise one of those flat stick-on antennas that you get for indoor radio applications and then just stick to the outside of the helmet. Or you could find out what the frequency they use and then get some flat copper cirquit board-style wiring and cut to the proper frequency length and then get some clear tape and stick to the outside of the helmet. That should improve things quite a bit.
TallRob is offline   Reply With Quote