View Single Post
Old 04-27-2011, 09:37 PM   #18
DRONE OP
Dog Chauffeur

Oddometer: 3,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by triumphsidehack View Post
Hey Drone : did you do any steering mods and if not , how does it handle ? I did not see a strg damper so I'm thinking it must go down the road correctly and straight. I have a Rocket 111 with a XL on it and it is a little stiff but goes down the road good . Am looking for input to lighten up the strg-ing for the long trips. Great looking outfit you have and good luck and enjoy your new Rig.

Triumphsidehack - D Morgan
As OlyRider mentioned, I have the Dauntless Steering mod. Handles like a dream. No wiggle, no wobble, goes straight, and takes little steering effort. No need for a VW style steering damper. And on high crowned roads, I can adjust the tilt to make the steering more neutral.

On the other hand, the front end does what any big pig does in the dirt--the front end gets yanked around by ruts and roots and loose gravel and softball-sized rocks. So I'd like to get a regular steering damper--like a Scotts or a Ralle-Moto--but I ran out of money. I tried rigging up a cheapo one of my own design, but failed (thread HERE.)
4XKPN - sold

DRONE screwed with this post 04-27-2011 at 10:03 PM
DRONE is offline   Reply With Quote