View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 09:58 AM   #24
DRONE OP
Dog Chauffeur

Oddometer: 3,290
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlyRider View Post
Looks like Dauntless has seriously beefed up their lower mounts!! What was your build date? Melrone could have benefited from this one. :-(

Did you work with Barrry or Jay? Or Doug?
In Post #1 I said, "I got this rig last fall" but I failed to say where I got it from. I believe the build date was October 2007. The tub, frame and subframe were shipped to the PO, along with the DMC steering part, and the PO then put it together. I bought it from him last Fall as a barebones outfit. The only sidecar mods it had was the steering part. Other than that, the sidecar was pretty much plain jane.

After I bought it, I took it to Jay for the car pusher conversion and the electric tilt. Doug did the work and also remounted the struts and did the alignment. So I didn't have to do any of that stuff. Credit for the easy steering and straight running is all DMC's.

As for the bike, the PO did the canisterectomy, removed the ABS modulator, installed the Y-pipe, and he was the one who figured out the cool double-relay configuration for the offroad lights.

DRONE screwed with this post 08-30-2012 at 11:02 AM
DRONE is online now   Reply With Quote