View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 12:05 PM   #182
HighFive OP
Never Tap-Out

Oddometer: 2,636
I think you'd love it, Tacoma. I swapped from a KLR, for this duty. The F800 is fantastic on the slab rides...great wind protection with a good aftermarket fairing. The stock shield wasn't too bad, except for the air hitting me square in the face. In the dirt, it surprisingly performs better than my KLR....all things considered.

I do think you would most likely need to modify the seat (raise & level to get rid of the torturous slant/dip) and/or sit on an Airhawk like I currently do.

Also, you will need to modify the suspension, especially for two-up. The front end more than the rear...necessarily. Stock form is too soft with too much brake dive.

Those are things you'll probably WANT to do, not necessarily HAVE to do. At least not immediately. I always say ride it a while until you figure out exactly what you need based on where & how you ride.

Other than a lousy set of rear wheel bearings, which I promptly replaced with a good pair of SKF's, my 2010 model has performed flawlessly so far. But, I've only had it 6 months and 7,000 miles so far.

HF

p.s. My seat and suspension are being overhauled as I type....
Athena Big Bore Project WRRDualsport.com
HighFive is offline   Reply With Quote