View Single Post
Old 04-29-2011, 05:28 AM   #160
rtwdoug OP
prominent underachiever

Oddometer: 3,622
I would like to point out that even tho Alabama comes in at #49 in almost everything, theres always # 50 that we can look down upon. Yes, Harolds home state of Mississippi.
He is just jealous that I'm an uppity Alabamian.

It is a mess, and Im glad I missed it. On the other hand, I feel bad that Im not there to do something.

I FINALLY seem to have found a good shipper. Andre, who has a shipping company in LA (no, not Lower Alabama, the other LA, out in Cali)

He helped me last year to find a guy to fly in the parts I needed to Armenia when my shovel broke.

Anyhow, he booked it thru lufthansa cargo. it is the cheapest Ive ever paid to ship a bike, and the only problems I have had is because of the customs office in atlanta. I hate atlanta.

I dropped the bike off in charlotte, but lufthansa said it had to go on a cargo flight from hotlanta (would have been closer for me to deliver it there) anyhow, then customs informs the shippers at 5pm on friday, that I needed a notarized power of attorney, to let the shipper ship my bike. the shipper said they had never been asked for this before.
This is easter weekend, so I cant get it signed & sent til monday morning.
shipper in NC gets it tues, does some stuff, & sends it to customs who get it wed. they can hold it for 72 hours, which luckily they didnt, & it flew out today. I was told I couldnt get it from here til monday, but after a few contacts made, looks like I can get it tomorrow.

I was planning to be in Munich by sunday, so looks like things still may stay on track.

Doug

www.motosapiens.org
My bike hotel in Bulgaria. ADVriders get 1st beer free!

rtwdoug is offline   Reply With Quote