View Single Post
Old 06-20-2005, 04:41 PM   #12
snowrider OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,099
I'm in Edmonton, Alberta right now at an internet cafe. I'm about halfway there, almost exactly halfway between Anchorage and Madison right now. I'll get new tires tomorrow, then go check out a big motorcycle exhibit at a museum a little ways south of here.
Here's a couple shots from Winnipeg, not too exciting.

Late supper downtown.

bicycle bridge

I've skirted the storms the whole way across Canada so far. A little ways southwest of me there have been floods worse than they've had in 50 years, requiring evacuation. Also, lots of thunderstorms, hail, and some funnel clouds spotted. It's been sunny and nice almost the entire way here, with just a few very short spots of rain.
Entering Saskatchewan I started seeing a lot of clouds and storms in the distance. This picture is shortly after crossing into Saskatchewan, still pretty nice weather here:

Somewhere in Saskatchewan on the Yellowhead Highway.

I hit a little bit of rain and saw some beautiful cloud formations. The cloud was coming down from the sky almost like a... funnel. It wasn't a funnel, but it reminded me of one, and I'd just come through some pretty hard rain, so I got a hotel in the next town, North Battleford. This is a pic of clouds when I pulled in, but shortly after this a storm came in and I sat out on the covered deck of my hotel room watching lightning along with my hotel neighbors.

Our Lady of the Highway shrine in Vegreville, Alberta.

Please give, chrome hubcaps aren't free you know.

Edmonton, Alberta

Somewhere I think I wasn't supposed to be, last night in Edmonton.

snowrider screwed with this post 07-01-2009 at 04:48 PM
snowrider is offline   Reply With Quote