View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011, 10:42 AM   #4
AndyCap
Mineral Oil Anyone?

Oddometer: 1,469
Hopefully he lived well. My best wishes for his family and friends in their time of grieving.

To answer the question. For me it just comes down to risk, reward, and probability. It is a fact that every one of us will die someday. Some of us will live to an old age, and then pass, and some may not make it past today. I see it this way, we have no choice, we know we will die, but perhaps we can partially choose how.

If I die from cancer or some other horrible illnesss, I will want to know that I didn't hold back in life. I will want to know that I lived my life, rather than banked it for later life.

If I die old, I will pass knowing that it is my time, and I saw all that life had to show me. That I am ready for the next great adventure.

If I die and on a motorcycle, then it was a good death. I died doing something I love to do. No, I don't want to die young, but if I don't do those things I love to do, am I really alive, or am I just living for the possibility of life tomorrow?

I am not sure who wrote it, but it sums it up neatly, "Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence"

You honor your friend by continuing the ride.

AndyCap screwed with this post 05-03-2011 at 10:21 PM
AndyCap is offline   Reply With Quote