View Single Post
Old 05-03-2011, 01:27 AM   #161
Night Falcon OP
Adventure NZL

Oddometer: 1,568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini Trail View Post
Do your aluminum straps connect behind the stem (another set of bolts) or are they simply holding by tension?

It looks like the headlight is the only thing mounted to the stem then the fairing is only mounted to the ears (with the orange tape). Where else is the fairing attached?

There are 2 half round straps each side of the stem (1 top & bottom both sides)

There is one bolt connecting the bottom staps that passes behind the coolant bottle...you need to shave a bit of plastic off the lug to get bolt through...but hardly any) the top staps bolt on to the existing frame brackets either side of the ignition.

Apart from the two side brackets (which also support the indicators) The fairing is connected with 2 qwick lock fasteners to the dash. which is bolted to a flat plate bracket above the headlight.

All works pretty well and takes less than 5mins to remove the fairing. it is fiddly getting it sorted but the stem bracket is rock solid which is the key.

This bloke uses a stainless strap on his which I tried copying but couldn't get to work www.albertodottori.net

If you need anything more let me know happy to take some more/clearer pictures for you if that helps.
Night Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote