At the request of a fellow inmate I designed and made a mount for his Uniden radio. To be a viable project I made extra.
I have received more than enough interest from other inmates that the extras have been sold and I will now be manufacturing more units in my spare time.
- The rear mounting holes are M5 in a standard 'AMPS' configuration(As used by RAM and Techmounts)
There are 2 Ram Mounts that have the same AMPS hole pattern:
RAM-B-347U - http://www.ram-mount.com/CatalogResu...5/Default.aspx
RAM-B-202 - http://www.rammount.com/CatalogResul...0/Default.aspx
- The unit is made from black Acetyl plastic and stainless steel, so no corrosion or earthing problems
- The pin on the back of the radio slides into the slot and is held in place with a spring loaded hook. Once mounted, it can be locked into place with a 2mm allen key or a T8 torx driver. So no need to remove the radio, for fear of theft, when you stop at your favourite watering hole/coffee shop. Also no chance of it vibrating loose even on the roughest corrugated dirt roads
- Here is a album of some mounting examples - http://s932.photobucket.com/albums/a...uaticDawg/UHF/
password - uniden
- A BMW F650GS with custom dash mount - http://advrider.com/forums/showpost....&postcount=102
- Other compatible radios that will fit are:
Uniden UH073sx, UH075, UH076sx & UH078sx
Uniden VHF marine handhelds Atlantis 250, Atlantis 260 & Voyager
- The mount is compact enough and allows for the use of the 12V clip on charger
The mounts go for $98.00 each
Plus $12 postage.(Up to 8 in a bag. If they are all going to the same place I will only charge once for postage)
Total for 1 = $110.00
Total for 2 = $208.00
Total for 3 = $306.00, etc.
Or pick up Buddina, Sunshine Coast to save on postage.
Kindly send a PM, email or call should you require a mount. firstname.lastname@example.org
- 04 three 4 three 75 325
Feel free to discuss the mount here. All feedback, good and bad, will be appreciated
Please take note:
Uniden have recently changed the design of the location pin on the radio.
Have a look at the photo below. The left pin is the old style and the right is the new style. You can see the chamfer that has been added(tip of the pen)
The new style has interference when sliding into the mount. The chamfers are varying sizes so some fit tightly and others don’t go in at all.
If you have the new style pin I will send you an old style pin that you can swop out on you radio. Please just let me know when you place your order.