View Single Post
Old 05-05-2011, 07:14 AM   #799
Beez
Given to fly

Oddometer: 5,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBo1 View Post
So, JMo, Beano et al, have you watched the full video of the 450RR desert playing in Dubai? I think all the "stills" that have been dragged through the "fake!" and "photo-shopped!" claims are available by freezing the full video at the relevant points. The cactus that has been claimed as not existing in the Dubai desert is clear in the video. The 450RR flying above the dirt bike is clear. The full jump from dune to dune, ie without a "ramp", is clear. It's entirely possible that the riders have swapped bikes, but the jumps look pretty real to me and lose nothing in their spectacular-nous just because "maybe" the riders weren't actually the ones we are led to believe.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sixrq...re=uploademail

It's sad when "reality" can be so incredible that we discredit it as technology playing with us and thereby miss out on something special. I remember seeing (photo-shopped) pictures of dirt bikes flying upside-down many years ago ... and then Travis did the back-flip!

Is the video a fake? Is that why it took so long to appear, it took a long time to piece it together with "video-shop"?
Nice find JayBo!

Jimmy's logo in the upper right of this picture is based on a photo of him jumping his R900RR practice bike at the finish line table-top at Glen Helen Raceway in San Bernadino, CA.

I've been looking on the internet and through my archive CDs for the photo but I can't find it. I think I have it somewhere though. My point is that racers at Lewis' and Coma's level can do insane things even on rally bikes.

I was able to find a couple of photos of big jumps but nothing like the "no footer" at Glen Helen or Coma/Renner's jumps.

bivouac somewhere in 2000 Dakar

Not sure where but that looks like the next gen R900RR.

Beez is offline   Reply With Quote