View Single Post
Old 05-07-2011, 11:57 PM   #150
VeeNeck
Banned

Oddometer: 371
Cool2 Bring back the matte Dark Magnesium Metallic

I think all BMW motorcycles should always some in some form of black, classic BMW Jet Black, Matt Black, of even a F800GS in the Triple Black color combo ;) the racy 30th Anniversary Edition Alpine White with red seat is always classic as well. If I down size to the F800GS from the R1200GS, I would prefer the cool matte Dark Magnesium Metallic of years past which did the bike design justice. I cant find any real carbon fiber panels/plastics for the F800GS besides homemade ones, to stealth out the bike. I'm not interested in having the panels painted. The BMW gray plastics quoted at $1,700.00, pretty much the same price as genuine carbon fiber.

well, I will see how I like the ride and less weight to lug around, but color does always helps in the decision process, it would be nice to have more then two options. And what is up with BMW using sparkley orange, maybe a matte burnt orange would be cool I am just not in to blingy metallic paints.

Blacked-out handlebars and black anodized forks would have better continuity.

OEM stock tires of choice would be Metzeler Tourances, I am not thrilled with the EXP's on tarmac with loose sand and gravel on it.

VeeNeck is offline   Reply With Quote