View Single Post
Old 05-08-2011, 01:08 PM   #199
stephen.stallebrass
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadySmurf View Post
Hey Stephen, do you have a pic of the handlebar switch for the Twalcoms? What do you think of them so far?
Yeah it's this one F800 Rob posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F800 Rob View Post
The actual lights are the Hella DEs so excellent quality and they give out plenty of light. I even have them on during the day. The bracket and hardware is Twalcom and I personally think they're easilty the best looking aux spots available for the F800GS - better looking than Touratechs and cheaper. I would prefer the braket to be marginally lower to make the light pattern more triangular but I'm very happy with them. AdventureBikeWarehouse in the UK even fitted them free of charge.

My mounting bracket for the toggle switch is modified as it had to be bent slightly to accommodate the Barkbusters. I do like the toggle switch but I'm replacing it for an Autoswitch that will work off the indicator cancel button. My current toggle switch position is not best placed as the tank bag hits it when on full lock.

NB: apparently the current autoswitch is incompatible with HID... the new one is going into Beta testing soon according to the website.