Stock header, but the big glob-tastic chunk of weld material has been ground away. A dremel and one of these did the trick, and only took about 5 minutes:
I picked up a slightly used FMF Q2 from another DR owner on the Yahoo user group, at which point I rejetted the carb, did the airbox mod, etc.
Over the winter, I decided to clean up the header pipe (and the midpipe of the FMF as well). Started by going to town on the dirt-baked header with a wire wheel:
This made pretty short work of the dirt, as well as the paint. After that, I spent a couple hours with a 3" dia sisal polishing wheel with some emery compound which yielded this:
I followed that up by spending another hour or so with a cotton buffing wheel and stainless polishing compound (the green stuff). This is what I wound up with:
Back on the bike, all nice and shiny-looking:
Other than the time that it takes, wasn't difficult at all, and the results were definitely worth it!