View Single Post
Old 05-14-2011, 07:33 PM   #41
jackpiner57 OP
Moto-Racks.com

Oddometer: 1,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino081460 View Post
Hi Tom,.....Having any luck fabricating a larger rack for the DR650? I would like to see a rack with the ROTOPAX mount on the left side (like the one you did for your DRZ) and a guard over the exhaust on the right side to protect soft panniers. Ill be standing in line for one if you decide build them!!!!!!

ride safe!!
Hey Rhino, I am not making the side mounts for the Gas Packs and I took the one on my bike off. The DRZ's aluminum subframe twists and flexes way too much. Twelve lbs. hanging on one side is not a good idea in my opinion. The wider the rack is, the more leverage the Gas Pack's weight exerts on the rack and subframe. The DR might handle this a little better with it's steel subframe, but I still don't like the idea.

What width are you thinking for a DR rack? The exhaust shield is certainly doable, as is a center mount plate for the RotopaX Pack Mount.

I have been busy with other fabricating work and haven't had a chance to develop the DR rack yet. I need someone to bring me their unmodified stock original DR for me to design it. Of course whoever brings it will get a free rack.

"I sort of realize there's a fundamental truth to our nature. Man must explore." -CMDR. David R. Scott

jackpiner57 screwed with this post 05-14-2011 at 07:43 PM
jackpiner57 is offline   Reply With Quote