View Single Post
Old 05-15-2011, 05:53 AM   #92
PSchrauber
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 804
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaine.hale View Post
Progress!
I got the jug back today. Beautiful 55% semi-gloss black :)
Couldn't be more happy with the results! I do, however need to get some slight over spray on the gasket surfaces. What grit paper do ya'll recommend for resurfacing? (If that is recommended)

The crank case halves are polished and I put the transmission assembly back in. Have one more bearing to get in and I can make big progress.
Those crank shaft bearings just fall on when you get the right temperatures!
Mmmh, which surface do you mean:

- gasket surface to the main motor housing, (I would not recommend to to anything there, beside a control look, placing the halfs of the mtor housing on a mirror if you have doubts)
I would take the normal gasket and if there are some places if there are gaps, (from former deassemblings or so ...) take this http://www.gearparts24.de/flaechendi...rth:a3655.html if it is really necessary.

The gasket surfaces are very holy to me, I don't touch them, even not when deassembling, just cleaning that's all.

Sidecovers can have silly marks from preowners, there I once had to take away riges of a heavy dented and cracked sidecover. I filled the gap with HT (high temperature) knead metal and aligned the filling with a cutter blade.

PSchrauber screwed with this post 05-15-2011 at 06:07 AM
PSchrauber is offline   Reply With Quote