View Single Post
Old 05-15-2011, 12:23 PM   #21815
notmybikemodelname
KOTW is a myth!

Oddometer: 7,273
Started a KotW recon ride on Wednesday from Bishop over the White Mountains and way beyond to central and Northern Nevada, but got shut out above 9500 ft with snow still too deep to make it to the Eastern side. Back to Bishop, loaded up the bikes and drove to Tonopah. Rode from there to Eureka all back country about 190 miles. Pretty clear to Eureka. From Eureka to Winnemucca is impassable due to snow in elevations above 7500 ft and high water and mud in the valleys. Forecast for the next two weeks is more snow in elevations above 8000 and heavy rain in the valleys with a flood watch on north and south of Winnemucca.

Here's what we were running from Yesterday and some other pics from the trip. We got rained on Friday at about 6000 ft with snow most likely falling about 7500.

Somewhere in the White Mountains.

Somwhere in Central Nevada.

Wild horses giving us the eye.

I rode this for about 6 miles just after submarining my bike in water up to my tank.

Soon after this the track completely disappeared and I rode cc for about 10 miles.

Yes, this is the track, why do you ask?

So is this.........................

And this..............

More snow and this went for as far as we could see down the valley stopping our forward motion................

notmybikemodelname is offline   Reply With Quote