View Single Post
Old 05-16-2011, 12:56 PM   #23
moosemeat OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Atlanta View Post
Ok, double my innitial estimates after seeing that. Hope it's worth $515 in scrap $$$ at least. With as much heat as it saw I wouldn't be surprised if there is warping in the frame material and the little details are going to add up very very quickly like new brake/clutch master cylinders, switch assemblies, sensors, etc.

I'd have passed on that one, but good luck with it!
Jist got frame back from powdercoater, all ducati red, everything else all gloss black including the final drive housing, rims and hubs. Nipple bolts polished to high luster. The motor and trans are oem perfect condition and spotless. 515(purchase price)+750(powdercoater fee)+ 30 hour of driving parts around and cleaning with a golf club brush = 3 offers already from local bmw shops for over 4 grand. the fuel cell was half full of fuel when i tore her down. was heat damage to bike not raw fire. So running your mouth here with out knowing what i know is well, fill in the blank. "Assumptions are the mother of all fuck-ups." Pictures of the bike and frame are on the way guy. I promise you will be frothing at the mouth .....and ass....
moosemeat is offline   Reply With Quote