View Single Post
Old 05-19-2011, 04:57 PM   #8
hanksmybuddy OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 388
Up early the next morning for one final soak with some hairy hippies. Talking with this group was fun. They were out there. I guess I'm too much of a conservative in the political realm. They seemed to think that our government owed them something. I never did quite understand how they figured they were owed something. After a good soak headed back to Saline Valley Road to head over South Pass enroute to Panamint Springs. After few miles I started smelling something. Stopped and found this shit. Like an idiot I didn't stop and check the straps after a few minutes like I normally do. Tent came off and was rubbing on the chain. Friggin ruined it. Hope I didn't get any rain over the next four nights or I'd be getting my ass wet. Strapped it back on as I didn't want to trash the desert. Figured I'd get rid of it in Panamint.

$200 tent trashed.......

Burro's. Tried to get close to these guys but they're pretty skittish. A group of them at the hot springs could give two shits less about people. You can walk right up on them.

Looking north from the road leading to South Pass

View from top of South Pass looking south...

Ran into this guy on top of the pass. He was character and had driven this non-plated rig up from Arizona. Stated he was taking backroads as much as possible and staying off pavement so he wouldn't get busted. Sat around and shot the shit awhile and then started dropping down to Hwy 190 for some gas and EXPENSIVE food.

Some shots on the way down..

Non plated dude from Arizona..

More to come......
hanksmybuddy is offline   Reply With Quote