View Single Post
Old 05-20-2011, 10:55 AM   #40
csustewy OP
Motojero

Oddometer: 541
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianstanfill View Post
Riding in the wet? If you find the inside of your panniers collection moisture along the way, consider this cheap mod: trash compactor bags at the supermarket offer an additional layer of defense against the elements and they tend to fit very large panniers very well.

Safe rides!

Brian
Brian - thanks for the tip! We will keep that in mind as we find ourselves in wetter situations, but so far so good...

Quote:
Originally Posted by potski View Post
Enjoying the RR csustewy, subscribed.
The Alp looks really well.
Looks like you are much better than me and my wife when you pack for a 2 up trip; how is it coping 2 up with all the kit?

Ride safe both; looking forward to your next update.

Cheers
Potski
Potski - thanks for the compliments . It looks like you've got a couple of beauts in your stable as well. Is your '88 in moonstone? That color scheme is tops in my book.

2-up touring on the TA is definitely pushing the limits. Both Jill and I are happy to get along with minimal changes of clothes - the true test is whether our friends and acquaintances along the road agree with us! With a bigger bike we would have brought a couple more small items, had more room for food (we can only really pack 2 days worth of light meals) and water, and had an easier time stashing our jacket and pant liners. But so far, we're managing pretty well. And we're expecting that the smaller size of the TA, relative to the big 1150GS we used to have, will be a benefit more often than a detriment. Only one way to find out...

csustewy screwed with this post 05-20-2011 at 11:07 AM
csustewy is online now   Reply With Quote