View Single Post
Old 05-22-2011, 11:00 PM   #7
doublen OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 260
Return Ride Day 3:

It was dry when I left it? Morning in Moab proved to be rainy again but the direction I was heading didn’t look as bad as it had the prior evening. So, I loaded up the Mistress and hit the road bound for Logan Utah to see my kids for a couple of days before going home.

Morning in Moab

The first portion of the day, heading to Green River from Moab was a rainy and wet one but by the time I got to Green River, the weather began to cooperate a little and gave me some breaks every now and again. I never really got too wet this day and I was extremely thankful for this blessing.

The route took me through Price Utah and dropped me off on the interstate just south of Provo where I put the hammer down and ran the tank nearly dry before stopping for lunch and fuel. The section of road on Highway 6 from Price to Spanish Fork was absolutely stunning. A huge surprise, great high speed corners and tolerable weather led to some actual enjoyment that day! The only unfortunate part is that road is extremely well patrolled by the local and state police and I had to keep my speed down because I kept seeing them the whole way. But they at least warn you with signs informing you of increased patrols in the area. All in all, it was a great stretch of highway.

Stopped for lunch in Bountiful Utah

Throughout the day, it seemed like a ray of sunshine was following me. Everywhere in the SLC valley it was cloudy and appeared to be raining. Everywhere except where I was, I can’t explain it but I didn’t see much, if any rain the rest of the day until I had to make the ride up and over the hill from Brigham City to Logan. It got a little wet and cold but I know that road by heart and it wasn’t nearly as stressful as the other mountain passes I have experienced on this ride.

I made it to Logan on a wing and a prayer and found my way to the Townhouse I am paying for but not living in. And I finally got to see my two boys. I also received great news from work and was informed I could take an extra two days off so I could spend some more time with them. It was a great two days in the lovely Cache Valley. The rain subsided a bit on Friday and then nearly completely on Saturday when I decided to make my way home to Idaho.

Cache Valley Utah

All snuggled up for the night

The Route

doublen screwed with this post 05-22-2011 at 11:20 PM
doublen is offline   Reply With Quote