View Single Post
Old 05-22-2011, 11:10 PM   #43
Z_HARSH OP
Like margarine?

Oddometer: 486
The second thing that is different about Denali is that you can only drive a couple miles in, then you have to get a bus ticket…I would be lying if I didn’t say I was a bit annoyed by this. But we decided to buy one for the next morning, second to leave the station for Eielson.

Then we went for a little hike and decided to bring the Rat-Dog along too. I want to say Sugarloaf Mountain was where we went, but I’m not certain now. It was a little ways south of the Park just off the Highway:

We pretty much just hiked straight up from the parking lot, Chuwe the Rat was having a blast:

A shot of where we went up:

Then we all loaded back up on the bike and tootled around a bit.

We went back North of the park, through Healey, and saw an interesting road, so we decided to take it.

It was just past the church, called Stampede Road:

We later found out that this is the road to The Magic School Bus (Into the Wild), but it quickly got muddy and I wasn’t feeling too brave riding 3-up to test it out.

We headed back home to pack up and get ready for the next day’s adventures. It rained most of the night. We woke up before the sun, loaded up the bike, and watched a truly amazing sunrise that just kept changing as we rode out of camp:

It was freezing on the way to the Park to catch our bus especially without any fancy heated gear.

None-the-less, it was just absolutely beautiful beyond all imagination what we would see that day, the sunrise was just the beginning……..

Z_HARSH screwed with this post 05-22-2011 at 11:16 PM
Z_HARSH is offline   Reply With Quote