View Single Post
Old 05-23-2011, 07:42 AM   #92
Gaston Gagne OP
Past Easy

Oddometer: 1,870
I took Friday off to head to the Eastern Rendezvous. Rendezvous #1 was in Newton. We passed each other while searching in vain for our rendezvous point. What luck! We headed to Conover for some fresh and delicious southeast Asian food.

We zigzagged our way across Catawba and Alexander Counties. We stopped in at Brushy Mountain Motorsports Park for a looksee. They were getting ready for a hare scrambles on Sunday.

We crossed Brushy Mountain at Russell Gap and went past Tom Dooley's and over to Champion/Mt Pleasant. A few posts ago, I commented on the quality of roads in Wilkes County.

Old 421 to Shingle Gap to Old NC 16 to Vannoy.

We stuck with the hard top on Buckwheat and up NC 18 to Laurel Springs. We checked in at party HQ and took in the scene there. I refrained from too much beer and did a local area reconnaisance which took me through someone's living room.

They have split rail fences out there.

Painted white ones

How do you send your rendezvous weekend into the wretched excess zone? Good luck to J-Lo! He was missed.

We took in the bluegrass band and hung out until I'm not sure what time. That was Friday.