View Single Post
Old 05-24-2011, 08:20 PM   #100
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by DantesDame View Post
I'm going to be the devil's advocate....
I see where you are coming from but....

The comparison is not fair. You are comparing a 2 piece arrangement (not usually meant to be worn over jeans) to a 1 piece suit (designed to be an oversuit). I don't think we want to debate which style is better on this particular thread.

It is also a matter of preference. Due to the nature of my business, i am continuously trying out gear from every brand. On even a mildly hot day, i want to rip off all the gear when i take a break - regardless of brand, materials, etc... When you are not moving, any sort of motorcycle gear will get hot (at least for me). Thats why i prefer to have a presentable layer underneath so i can sit and eat in comfort.... A one piece gives me that flexibility... When riding in a two piece suit, "I" always miss the ability to shed the top most layer.. Personal preference.

I am not quite sure how can sitting in (relatively) heavy and hot riding pants be more comfortable than sitting in shorts or comfy jeans. What if you are somewhere in the rural parts of Mexico and eating from a street vendor.. sitting on he sidewalk. 100+ degrees of blazing sun.. how can you not want to rip off those riding pants... My wife & I have been through similar situations elsewhere and she was quite envious of my ability to emerge in shorts every time we took a break.. She got back home and started designing the Revolution suit...

Update: on another forum, a rider expressed concern over how it would be inconvenient to take off the boots, in order to take off the suit. We agree. thats why the suit is designed to be put on and taken off with the boots on.

teizms screwed with this post 05-24-2011 at 09:23 PM Reason: updated for additional comment about boots
teizms is offline   Reply With Quote