View Single Post
Old 05-25-2011, 08:48 AM   #18
ontic OP

Oddometer: 1,027
Hey Norton73,
cheers, yeah, I will look into it more. But your reminder of the longer subframe potentially putting the luggage weight further back is a bit of a disincentive to me, let alone some of the other hassles. Load balance is a big issue for me.
I have looked through the options of G/SPD single seats from Siebenrock and other places, and was going to go with that option- however, I really think this tank suits the GS single seat. I've tried my (police?) solo denfeld seat from my 90/6 (which is very similar to a G/S single seat) on my G/S with this Sauer tank and it just doesn't 'work' as well as the images I posted before of the white tank.
While on their own I probably prefer the look of the G/S single seats, the GS single seat actually looks a bit more comfortable and is probably quite practical.
Anyway, I am happy to do a bit of modding and fabbing to get the thing to work if that is what I have to do. Ideally I'll be buying used and cheaper, so in the end it might be determined by what I find.

Stagehand,
thanks, with my settings as they currently are, we are now safely on page 2
My laptop blew up a while back and until I stop spending all my money on motorbike parts and replace the thing I am stuck using my partners overloaded and about-to-blow-up-as-well old laptop. It struggles sometimes.
ontic is online now   Reply With Quote