View Single Post
Old 05-25-2011, 07:15 PM   #40
hanksmybuddy OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 381
Headed down Lippencott road towards Saline Valley. I would end up on a road I was on three days ago which would take me either back over South Pass or north to the hot springs. Ride down Lippencott is mucho fun. I stopped and screwed around quite a bit at some old mining areas. Not sure which route I was going to take once I got back down into Saline Valley. The hotsprings were tempting but the weather was moving in from the west and I had no tent. It looked like it could get nasty tonite and the weather report I got the night before while in Beatty was calling for rain and cold temps at elevation. Hell with it, I'll enjoy the riding and make a decision later.

In the distance you can see Saline Valley with the road headed down.

Dropped down into the valley.

Arrived at the decision point. Left - back over South Pass or Right - hot springs with naked hippie chicks. I had seen on the map where there was an old hunter cabin up near South Pass. It would be cold but at least I'd have some shelter in the event of rain. I also might go to the hot springs and find some naked hippie chick that would take me in.... decisions, decisions. I turned left and headed for the pass in hopes that I would find the cabin empty. Back over the pass the weather was holding up and the riding good. Once I got back to the pass I turned left and according to the map had about 5 miles before a turn off to start looking for the cabin.

Heading up towards south pass

Looking west towards the cut off at South Pass. Took this headed back to the east in search of the cabin. Temps were dropping as the storm front was moving in and was running into some mud on this road from heavy rains the week prior.

Found it......sweet, won't be wet tonite!

Settled in for the night......

hanksmybuddy screwed with this post 05-25-2011 at 07:36 PM
hanksmybuddy is offline   Reply With Quote