View Single Post
Old 05-26-2011, 09:46 AM   #1
craftycoder OP
Motobrain PDU

Oddometer: 2,210
Cool2 dualsportmaps.com - Android App

UPDATE: 07-14-2011 - Motorcycle GPS Navigation App has been RELEASED and is in the Android Market. It is named "Dual Sport Maps"

Dualsportmaps.com is a website I created for us ADVers to upload and shared good quality, verified, dualsport tracks. It has a ton of nifty features and you can read all about them on the website thread. I post all the updates to the website there so it is a good idea to subscribe if you want to know about changes. Nearly 1000 of you guys are already members of the site so you know the score.

What I want to talk about today is a new project I'm working on. I am working on a mobile platform for the site. My desire for it is to take the place of my Zumo on the bars of my WR˛. It will be able to search the website for all our tracks and show them on the map. It will be able to store maps and tracks for offline use. It will have routing capabilities, but I do NOT have plans presently to use routes generated in Mapsource. Routes will have to be made on the android device, in the near future at least. Waypoints will be available offline, and photos will be available if you have network access.

All the extensive privacy setting built into the website will still work in the App, so if you upload your private map to the site (TAT or TET as examples) you will be the only person (or any other people you specify) able to see them still.

I will be keeping this thread aware of changes to the app and availability going forward. Changes to the site that by extension affect the app will be posted to thread mentioned above.

So without further ado, here is the first demo video.
**UPDATE** Added another video on 01/20/2012

**UPDATE** Added second video on 07-30-2011

**UPDATE** Added second video on 06-18-2011

**UPDATE** Added third video on 06-22-2011 This is of the remote control prototype

**UPDATE** Added third video on 06-04-2011 This is of the remote control prototype's new knob for bearing, zoom, and volume control

craftycoder screwed with this post 01-20-2012 at 06:13 PM Reason: Video added 08-4-2011Video added 07-30-2011 RELEASED APP on 07-14-2011. Added second video on 06-18-2011. 6-22 another video
craftycoder is offline   Reply With Quote